Going for Gold
Tektronix Has Teamed Up with NBC Olympics to Provide the Gold Standard of Test & Monitoring Assurance for the XXIII Winter Olympics Coverage
The complexity of producing Olympic Winter Games coverage requires test and monitoring solutions with the highest level of performance and reliability to ensure high-quality content is being delivered to viewers. To handle this task, NBC Olympics has selected Tektronix's complete suite of UHD/4K Waveform Monitors supporting UHD/HDR formats and ITU-R BT.2020 wide color gamut (WCG), Master Sync and Master Clock Reference Generators, and more to support its coverage of the PyeongChang XXIII Winter Games.
The equipment will be used to monitor and test the quality of video and audio content used in NBC Olympics' production, post production, transmission, and distribution workflows in NBC facilities supporting a record level of linear and OTT content.
"We are pleased to once again have Tektronix as our partner for NBC's coverage of the Olympics. During our decade-long relationship with Tektronix, the focus has traditionally been on sync generation and waveform monitoring. While this is still very important, Tektronix transport stream monitoring has also become a significant part of our production as well."
- Terry Adams, Vice President, IBC Engineering, NBC Olympics.
A division of the NBC Sports Group, NBC Olympics is responsible for producing, programming and promoting NBCUniversal's Olympic coverage. It is renowned for its unsurpassed Olympic heritage, award-winning production, and ability to aggregate the largest audiences in U.S. television history.
"By using proven video monitoring and measurement solutions from Tektronix, NBC Olympics is well-positioned to deliver the highest quality of experience possible to its viewers."
- - Charlie Dunn, General Manager, Video Product Line, Tektronix.
See the award-winning solutions & technologies used throughout the Olympic Games below.
For more information on NBC Olympics' coverage of the 2018 PyeongChang Games, please visit: http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/shows/2018-pyeongchang-olympics/.
Industry leading Solutions supporting the Olympic Games
WFM / WVR 8000 SERIES
- 4K / UHD (square division and 2-sample interleave formats)
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) including Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) and SMPTE ST 2084 PQ
- Wide Color Gamut (WCG) per ITU-R BT.2020
- Comprehensive ANC data support, audio loudness monitoring, and physical layer measurements
Adaptive Bit Rate
- ABR Decryption and DRM Support provides QoE and PVQ measurement for decrypted and decoded video and audio
- Support for HLS, HDS, Microsoft SS, and MPEG-DASH streaming protocols
- Simulation of a subscriber’s request for content through retrieval of manifest files and fragments from any place on the network
Media Monitoring &
THE PRISM PLATFORM
- 3G/HD/SD-SDI with field installable 12G-SDI and 4K/UHD option
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) with Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) & SMPTE ST 2084 PQ
- Wide Color Gamut (WCG) option per ITU-R BT.2020
- Camera inputs for various standards and formats (HDR, SDR, BT.2020, and BT.709)