Businesses are on pace to migrate to Microsoft Windows 10* faster than they have for any previous Microsoft operating system release. What’s more, according to research firm Gartner, 85 percent of business will have migrated to Windows 10 by the end of 2017.
Based on the strong adoption rate for Windows 10, Tektronix has made the decision to migrate our Windows-based instruments from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Enterprise IoT Edition. The initial phase is starting now with a select number of performance instruments. The transition will then continue for several months as more instrument families incorporate the latest release from our friends in Redmond. Here is the planned migration schedule:
- Realtime oscilloscopes (5000B, 7000C, 70000C, 70000DX, 70000SX) to begin shipping with Windows 10 in Q4 2017
- Realtime spectrum analyzers (RSA5000B) to begin Windows 10 shipments in November 2017
- The new 5 Series MSO is already available with Windows 10 as an option (5WIN)
- Arbitrary waveform generators (AWG70000, AWG5200) will begin shipping Windows 10 in Q1 2018
- BERTScope BSX Series bit error rate testers will start shipping with Windows 10 in Q1 2019
- The following instruments will remain on Microsoft Windows 7
- DSA8300 digital sampling oscilloscopes
- Tektronix logic analyzers
Upgrading to Windows 10
As Windows 10 becomes available on a new product series, users will be able to upgrade their existing Window 7-based units to Windows 10. Instrument upgrades can be done by simply installing a new Solid-State Drive (SSD) with Windows 10 in place of the existing Windows 7 drive. For more detailed information on Windows 10 upgrade paths, contact your local Tektronix Representative or chat, call or email us using the resources listed under the Contact Us tab on tektronix.com.
Note that regardless of the application, Windows 10 requires activation over the Internet. If an Internet connection is not available to an instrument, Windows 10 can be activated by calling a Microsoft Activation Center to obtain an activation key.
*Microsoft and Windows 10 are property of Microsoft Corporation.