Live Chat with Tek representatives. Available 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM IST
TBS1000C Series Datasheet
Digital Storage Oscilloscope
The TBS1000C Series Digital Storage Oscilloscope offers affordable performance in a compact design. It is designed to meet the needs of today's educational institutions, embedded design engineers, and maker community. The instrument includes a 7-inch WVGA color display with up to 1 GS/s sample rate, bandwidths from 50 MHz to 200 MHz and a five-year warranty. The instrument comes with an innovative courseware system that integrates the lab exercises with step-by-step instructions for use, by the students. HelpEverywhere® system provides useful tips and hints throughout the user interface, to make the instrument more approachable to a new user.
Key performance specifications
- 200 MHz, 100 MHz, 70 MHz, and 50 MHz bandwidth models
- 2-channel models
- 1 GS/s sample rate on all channels
- 20k point record length on all channels
- Advanced triggers include pulse, runt, and line triggers
- Five-year warranty
- 7-inch WVGA color display with 15 horizontal divisions that shows 50% more signal
- 32 automated measurements
- Dual window FFT with simultaneous time and frequency domain views
- Trigger frequency counter
- Pan and Zoom capability
- Multi-language user interface with support for 10 languages in the user interface and front panel overlay
- Small footprint and light weight
- Fanless design contributes to low noise operation
- USB 2.0 host port on the front panel for quick and easy data storage.
- USB 2.0 device port on rear panel to connect to a PC and remotely control the instrument.
- HelpEverywhere provides helpful on-screen tips for users
- Built-in oscilloscope handbook provides operating instructions and oscilloscope fundamentals
- Integrated courseware feature provides lab exercise guidance on the display
- Autoset, Cursors, and Automated measurements can be disabled to help educators to teach basic concepts to students
Designed to make you learn and work faster
The TBS1000C Series Oscilloscope is designed for quick hands-on learning and easy operation with just the right combination of features and capabilities. Dedicated front panel controls provide easy access to all the important settings. The graticule with 10 vertical divisions and 15 horizontal divisions enables you to see more signals per screen.
The large menus with clearly labeled and colored information on the screen make it easy to navigate and find information of interest. The zoom function lets you to quickly pan through the record and zoom in to see the signal details in areas of interest.
Versatile triggering and acquisition modes
The trigger system is designed for troubleshooting today's mixed signal designs. Beyond a basic edge trigger, it also includes pulse width and runt triggering, which are especially useful for troubleshooting digital sections of your designs.
Pulse width triggering is perfect for hunting narrow glitches or time out conditions. Runt trigger is designed to capture signals that are shorter in amplitude than expected.
The TBS1000C Series Oscilloscope offers several acquisition modes. The default acquisition mode is Sample Mode which works well for most applications. The Peak Detect Mode is useful for hunting spikes, and Average Mode can help to reduce noise on the repetitive signals.
Automated measurements and analysis
A comprehensive set of automated measurements enable fast and convenient testing of a wide variety of signal conditions for different applications.
Measurements are displayed on a single screen. They are grouped into four categories: Frequency, Time, Amplitude, and Area. All measurements are displayed on a single measurement selection screen making it easy to choose from 32 automated measurements; no more hunting through various menus.
Measurements are color coded by the source and are presented on a transparent background; so waveforms are not obscured by the readouts.
You can understand the frequency content of your signals with the FFT function by pressing FFT button in the front-panel .
Display only the FFT or turn on the source waveform display to see both the frequency and the time domain waveform. A transparent readout shows important settings without blocking the FFT display.
The HelpEverywhere system provides help text with graphics to explain the different settings on the instrument, making it easier for new users to know which measurement to use and interpret the results. Help is provided in the same language as the user interface.
Innovative new education solutions
The TBS1000C Series Oscilloscope offers several features that enable the educator to devote more time to teach fundamental concepts. The Scope Intro handbook is embedded into the TBS1000C help system. Pressing the help button in the front panel gives you access to information on oscilloscope basic operations, as well as an overview of the TBS1000C oscilloscope, controls, and tips to use it.
Features such as Autoset, Cursors, and automated measurements can be disabled on the instruments. By disabling features, students can learn the basic concepts and understand how to use the horizontal and vertical controls to get the waveform, use the graticule to measure time, voltage, and manually plot/calculate the signal characteristics.
The integrated Courseware function allows professors to load lab exercises on the instrument to give guidance to the students at each station and provides a structured framework into which students can capture data to incorporate into their reports. Over 100 sample lab exercises are available for download from theTektronix Courseware Resource Center.
Flexible data transfer
The USB host port on the front of the instrument makes it easy to save the instrument settings, screenshots, and waveform data into a USB flash drive.
Easily capture, save, and analyze measurement results by connecting to your PC to the USB device port on the rear of the instrument and using the OpenChoice® PC Communications Software available on the Tektronix website. Simply pull screen images and waveform data into the stand-alone desktop application or directly into Microsoft Word and Excel.
Performance you can count on
Tektronix has industry-leading service and support, and every TBS1000C Series Oscilloscope is backed with a standard five-year warranty.
All specifications are guaranteed unless noted otherwise. All specifications apply to all models unless noted otherwise.
|Bandwidth||50 MHz||70 MHz||100 MHz||200 MHz|
|Sample Rate||1 GS/s||1 GS/s||1 GS/s||1 GS/s|
|Record Length||20 K points||20 K points||20 K points||20 K points|
Vertical system - Analog channels
- Vertical resolution
- 8 bits
- Input sensitivity range
- 1 mV/div to 10 V/div max. in 1-2-5 sequence with probe attenuation set to 1X
- DC gain accuracy
±3.0 % step gain, derated at 0.1 %/°C above 30 °C
- Maximum Input Voltage
- 300 VRMS, Installation Category II; derate above 4 MHz at 20 dB per decade to 200 MHz
- Offset range
1 mV/div to 50 mV/div: ± 1 V
100 mV/div to 500 mV/div: ± 10 V
1 V/div to 5 V/div : ± 100 V
- Bandwidth limit
- 20 MHz (Typ)
- Input coupling
- DC, AC
- Input impedance
- 1 MΩ ±2 % in parallel with 14 pF ±2 pF
- Vertical zoom
- Vertically expand or compress a live or stopped waveform
- Acquisition modes
- Acquire sampled values
- Peak Detect
- Captures glitches as narrow as 4 nsec at all sweep speeds.
- From 2 to 256 waveforms included in average.
- Averages multiple sample of one acquisition interval into one waveform point.
- Scrolls waveforms right to left across the screen at sweep speeds slower than or equal to 40 ms/div
Horizontal system - Analog channels
- Timebase accuracy
- 20 ppm
- Timebase range
- TBS1202C, TBS1052C, TBS1072C, TBS1102C
- 2 ns/div to 100 sec/div in a 1-2-4 sequence
- Horizontal zoom
- Horizontally expand or compress a live or stopped waveform
- Deskew range
- ± 100 nsec
- External trigger input
- Included on all models
- Trigger modes
- Auto, Normal, Single Sequence
- Trigger Types
- Positive or negative slope on any channel. Coupling includes DC, HF reject, LF reject, and noise reject.
- Pulse Width
- Trigger on width of positive or negative pulses that are >, <, =, or ≠ a specified period of time.
- Trigger on a pulse that crosses one threshold but fails to cross a second threshold before crossing the first again.
- Trigger source
- CH1, CH2, AUX IN, AC Line
- Trigger Coupling
- DC, Noise Reject, High Frequency Reject, Low Frequency Reject
- Trigger signal frequency readout
- Provides a frequency readout of the trigger source up to instrument bandwidth.
- Time, Amplitude, Screen
- Automated measurements
- 32, of which up to six can be displayed on-screen at any one time. Measurements include: Period, Frequency, Rise Time, Fall Time, Positive Duty Cycle, Negative Duty Cycle, Positive Pulse Width, Negative Pulse Width, Burst Width, Phase, Positive Overshoot, Negative Overshoot, Peak to Peak, Amplitude, High, Low, Max, Min, Mean, Cycle Mean, RMS, Cycle RMS, Positive Pulse Count, Negative Pulse Count, Rising Edge Count, Falling Edge Count, Area, Cycle Area, Delay FR, Delay FF, Delay FR, and Delay RR.
- Isolate the specific occurrence within an acquisition to take measurements on, using either the screen, between waveform cursors or full record length.
- Add, Subtract, and Multiply waveforms
- Spectral magnitude. Set FFT Vertical Scale to Linear RMS or dBV RMS, and FFT Window to Rectangular, Hamming, Hanning, or Blackman-Harris.
- Display Type
- 7-inch TFT Color Display
- Display Resolution
- 800 horizontal by 480 vertical displayed pixels (WVGA)
- Waveform styles
- Vectors, Variable persistence, and Infinite persistence.
- YT and XY
Input Output Ports
- USB 2.0 Host Port
- Supports USB mass storage devices
- USB 2.0 device port
- Rear-panel connector allows for communication/control of oscilloscope through USBTMC or GPIB with a TEK-USB-488
- Probe Compensator
- 5 V
- 1 KHz
- Kensington Style Lock
- Rear-panel security slot connects to standard Kensington style lock
- Power source
- 100 to 240 VAC RMS ±10%
- Power source frequency
- 45 Hz to 65 Hz (100 to 240 V)
- 360 Hz to 440 Hz (100 to 132 V)
- Power consumption
- 30 W maximum
Parameters mm in. Height 154.95 6.1 Width 325.12 12.8 Depth 106.68 4.2
- Shipping dimensions
Parameters mm in. Height 266.7 10.5 Width 476.2 18.75 Depth 228.6 9.0
Parameters kg lb Instrument only 1.979 4.36 Instrument with accessories 2.2 4.9
- RM2000B rackmount
Parameters mm in Height 177.8 7.0 Width 482.6 19.0 Depth 108.0 4.25
- Cooling Clearance
- 50 mm (2 in) required on left side, right side, and rear of instrument.
Environmental and safety
- 0 ºC to +50 ºC
- –30 ºC to +71 ºC
- 5% to 90% relative humidity (% RH) at up to +30 °C,
- 5% to 60% RH above +30 °C up to +50 °C,
- 5% to 90% RH (Relative Humidity) at up to +30 °C,
- 5% to 60% RH above +30 °C up to +60 °C,
- Up to 3,000 m (9,842 ft.)
- Up to 12,000 meters (39,370 ft).
- Electromagnetic compatibility
EC Council Directive 2014/30/EU
UL61010-1, UL61010-2-030, CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 61010.1, CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 61010-2:030; EN61010-1, EN61010-2-030
- Complies with the Low Voltage Directive 2014/35/EU for Product Safety
|TBS1052C||Digital Storage Oscilloscope: 50 MHz bandwidth, 1 GS/s sample rate, 2 Channel|
|TBS1072C||Digital Storage Oscilloscope: 70 MHz bandwidth, 1 GS/s sample rate, 2 Channel|
|TBS1102C||Digital Storage Oscilloscope: 100 MHz bandwidth, 1 GS/s sample rate, 2 Channel|
|TBS1202C||Digital Storage Oscilloscope: 200 MHz bandwidth, 1 GS/s sample rate, 2 Channel|
- Opt. L0
- English manual
- Opt. L1
- French manual
- Opt. L2
- Italian manual
- Opt. L3
- German manual
- Opt. L4
- Spanish manual
- Opt. L5
- Japanese manual
- Opt. L6
- Portuguese manual
- Opt. L7
- Simplified Chinese manual
- Opt. L8
- Traditional Chinese manual
- Opt. L9
- Korean manual
- Opt. L10
- Russian manual
Power Plug Options
- Opt. A0
- North America power plug (115 V, 60 Hz)
- Opt. A1
- Universal Euro power plug (220 V, 50 Hz)
- Opt. A2
- United Kingdom power plug (240 V, 50 Hz)
- Opt. A3
- Australia power plug (240 V, 50 Hz)
- Opt. A5
- Switzerland power plug (220 V, 50 Hz)
- Opt. A6
- Japan power plug (100 V, 50/60 Hz)
- Opt. A10
- China power plug (50 Hz)
- Opt. A11
- India power plug (50 Hz)
- Opt. E1
- Universal Euro, United Kingdom, and Switzerland
|TPP0200||200 MHz and 100 MHz models, 10x passive probe one per analog channel|
|TPP0100||50 MHz and 70 MHz models, 10x passive probe one per analog channel|
|071-3660-00||Compliance and Safety Instructions|
|077-1691-00||Programmer manual, available on www.tek.com|
|-||Calibration certificate documenting traceability to National Metrology Institute(s) and ISO9001 quality system registration|
WarrantyFive-year warranty covering all parts and labor, excluding probes.
|AC2100||Soft carrying case for instrument|
|HCTEK4321||Hard plastic carrying case for instrument (requires AC2100)|
|174-4401-xx||USB host to device cable, 3 ft. long|
|TPP0050||10X passive probe, 50 MHz bandwidth|
|TPP0100||10X passive probe, 100 MHz bandwidth|
|TPP0200||10X passive probe, 200 MHz bandwidth|
|P2220||1X/10X passive probe, 200 MHz bandwidth|
|P6101B||1X passive probe (15 MHz, 300 VRMS CAT II rating)|
|P6015A||1000X high-voltage passive probe (75 MHz)|
|P5100A||100X high-voltage passive probe (500 MHz)|
|P5200A||50 MHz, 50X/500X high-voltage differential probe|
|P6021A||15 A, 60 MHz AC current probe|
|P6022||6 A, 120 MHz AC current probe|
|A621||2000 A, 5 to 50 kHz AC current probe|
|A622 100||A, 100 kHz AC/DC current probe/BNC|
|TCP303/TCPA300||150 A, 15 MHz AC/DC current probe/amplifier|
|TCP305A/TCPA300||50 A, 50 MHz AC/DC current probe/amplifier|
|TCP312A/TCPA300||30 A, 100 MHz AC/DC current probe/amplifier|
|TCP404XL/TCPA400||500 A, 2 MHz AC/DC current probe/amplifier|