“Low disk space” or “page-file” or “Virtual Memory" errors/warnings after performing a OS Restore or backup on oscilloscopes running Win7?
If, after performing an OS restore or creating a backup image, the oscillscope reports “low disk space”, “page-file”, “Virtual Memory" errors/warnings, TekScope not starting up, or experiencing odd Windows behavior, try the following proceedure to recover any unallocated hard drive space.
- On the desktop, right click on the "Computer" icon
- Select “Manage”
- Click on “Disk Management”
- In the lower part of the window where you can see (C:) Healthy (Boot, Page File, etc.), you may also see a large unallocated partition next to it.
- If you see an unallocated partition, right click in the C:\ partition and select “Extend Volume” to recover the unallocated partition to the C:/ drive
- Follow the Wizard prompts by clicking on "next" through prompts
- Click "Finish" to complete the process
Note: if you cannot get the C partition to "Extend" check to make sure that the C:\ is selected.
This FAQ Applies to:
FAQ ID 64516View all FAQs »