Can I merge my TLA700 modules?
- TLA7Nx modules can be merged together, or with either TLA7Px or TLA7Qx modules.
- TLA7Nx, TLA7Px and TLA7Qx modules cannot be merged with TLA7Lx and TLA7Mx modules.
- TLA7Axx/TLA7NAx modules cannot be merged with TLA7Nx, TLA7Px, TLA7Qx, TLA7Lx, or TLA7Mx modules.
- Any combination of TLA7Axx and TLA7NAx modules (up to five) can be merged.
- Modules containing different memory depths can be merged but will default to the shallowest memory depth being used.
- The maximum merged combinations are 5 TLA7Axx and TLA7NAx, 3 TLA7Nx/Px/Qx, or 2 TLA7Lx/Mx. The following graphic illustrates how to orient modules in a multiple module merge.
- The number of channels in the master module must be equal to or greater than the number of channels in the module(s) with which it is merged. If there is a second slave module, the first slave must have greater than or equal to the number of channels in the second slave module. Slave 3 cannot have more channels than the master, slave 1, or slave 2. Slave 4 cannot have more channels than the master, slave 1, slave 2, or slave 3.
- Modules cannot be merged between a mainframe and an expansion mainframe; merged modules must be in the same physical mainframe.
- To merge a module to an established merged set, the established merged set must first be unmerged through software. Only unmerged modules can be used to create a merged configuration.
This FAQ Applies to:
Product Series: TLA7000
FAQ ID 57146View all FAQs »